St John's Cathedral
The weekend 15-20 October I had visitors from Norway; my mum and my aunt. I met them in London for a couple of days in that wonderful city and to take them with me back to Warminster. In London we found time to visit St Paul's Cathedral and I finally got to see the Wall of Whispers. It was fascinating!! We made short detour into Victoria and Albert Museum, a place I'm definitely going back to see more of. The weather war really good this weekend, although a bit windy, and be there again, walking the streets of London was a good as ever. Obviously we managed to get a bit of shopping done as well, and Friday night we went to see the musical Sister's Act which was great fun!
V&A Museum
Sunday we went to visit Bath which is about 40 minutes from Warminster by train. It was a lovely city, almost a bit like York. Monday we spent in Warminster where I showed them around town; entering all the shops that we have to offer and actually they found quite a few things to buy. We also went for a walk in the part, an experience that was new to me too, and I have to say it was actually a very nice one. In the evening I invited them home to me to have Lemon Meringue pie and meet Berta, and my houseowners Al and Jane. It was lovely to have visitors! It's nice to show them where I live and what my life is like over here. They're more than welcome to come visit again!
Bath Cathedral
No comments:
Post a Comment