Friday, 5 September 2008

Back in Bergen

It's been some time since I last updated my blog (summer came and left too fast!) and I wasn't really sure if I was going to keep it up or just leave it to the times spent in England. I'm still not sure I think.. But I've had a couple of complaints; apparently you can't demand an update from another blogger without updating your own.. At the moment it is also so much more tempting to write English than to do arithmetics.

As the heading states; I'm back in Bergen and have started school again. I'm doing mathematics this year; very different from English last year. It seems like it's going to be a lot of work; a real transition from York-life. But it's already picking up so I'm of good cheer at the moment!

An important reason for this is that I've got a really good carrot to look forward to: Trine and I are going to York at the end of September! We bought the tickets yesterday and we are thrilled! I've already started the countdown :) It will be so nice to meet Mari again and see how she's doing at the Norwegian Study Centre. I'm really looking forward to walking through the streets of York again, visiting all those familiar places. It will definitely be different since (almost) all the people we knew there are gone, but like Trine says: We'll have a blast anyway!

I'm posting a couple of pictures from the summer. It's been a summer of mostly work, but I have been able to squeeze in a few hikes in the mountains and a couple of music festivals. It's been good to be home with Mum and Dad, although it took quite some time to settle into the Norwegian way of life again...



My mother and I at the top of Høgsvarden enjoying the taste of dark Norwegian chocolate.



The mountains around the fjord where I live. This was taken in early June so there was still quite a lot of snow on the mountain tops.



One of the highlights of the summer: Valkyrien Allstars at Førde International Folkmusic Festival.

No comments: