Saturday, 27 August 2011

Not in the mood


I'm really supposed to be transcribing, but as the rain just started falling outside my window I kind of lost the little bit of motivation I had on a day like this to get anything done, so why not rather reminisce about the summer and post some pictures from my holiday in Norway? (Besides, my left ear is actually really sore after having finished transcribing my first lesson this week...)
Or should I say "summer"? I suppose if you ask almost every friend of mine if we've had a good summer the answer will be: NO!! The weather has not been the best (even I will admit that this time, although I still claim that last year wasn't really THAT bad), but the experiences I've had have been great! I can quickly mention a wonderful trip to Wales in June; a wedding in Ålesund; several trips to Bergen including one to meet up with the York-girls (minus one) when Chelsea came to Norway for a few days; a visit from an American relative; only two (!?) hikes in the mountains; 3 swims (all in the same day); and incredibly many good chats, laughs and meetings with family and friends!
These are all moments I'll take with me when we soon enter the darker season and the hard work of writing a dissertation...
On that note, I want to congratulate all my classmates from last semester on their submission of their dissertations yesterday!! Well done!
Wales in nice weather...
Wales in NOT so nice weather...and this is the day when we tried to climb Snowdonia!
Holiday in Innvik!
Finding pearls at Lysøen! Almost as impressive as this was seeing Ole Bull's violins. And the weather!
Ravnestadstøylen is an obligatory destination when we've got Ravenstad-visitors from America!
So is Traudalen where I can remember the newly-wed Ravenstads visiting in the same kind of weather about 20 years ago. As far as I know, no fish was caught then either.

1 comment:

Borghild said...

ahh, summertime! sjå på det positive, nå e det snart haust (les advent!) :)eg gler meg te det blir ruskever, og eg kan sitta inne og kosa meg, drikka te og skypa med deg ;)